[eDebate] Voting on a topic based on NDT elims is stupid.

Sat Jul 12 18:04:13 CDT 2008

Look, 95% of you colleges debaters and I guess 98% of the college debate coaches
have not, cannot, will not, and will never, make it to semifinals of the NDT.
Sorry to be the one to break it to all of you, but it is true. To think that a
lot of people would make a decision on which topic is best based on some
hypothetical that over 90% of you will NEVER experience, seems to me to be
ludicrious at best, and sadly delusional at worst.  I thnk there will be a
"rapeseed" aff with Kritikal feminist language advantages broken by Emory's top
team in Quarters at the NDT, I don't think I will worry about it when I vote.

Scott Elliott

p.s.

apologies to Emory for letting the cat out of the bag.