[eDebate] Communication Instructor (Coaching Opportunity) at Methodist University in NC

Greg Thomas greg.thomas
Mon Jul 14 10:41:46 CDT 2008

For the past few years, I have been the Debate Coach at Methodist University
in Fayetteville, NC. I am moving on for other pastures this coming year, and
as such Methodist is looking to fill my position. While the advertisement
for the position that appears below does not specifically mention being the
Debate Coach, that is something that is available if the candidate who gets
the job wants it.

Methodist University is a great school with many unique advantages.
Additionally, the President of the university has a personal interest in the
success of the Debate Team, and that can be very helpful at times.

Below is the job advertisement. If you have any questions about the job,
contact Dr. Watt (listed in the ad). If you have any questions about the
team or the school, feel free to drop me a line.

Greg Thomas

-----text of job advertisement appears below----------------------------

The Department of Communication seeks a new speech communication instructor
for a one-year appointment for 2008-09. A master's degree with at least 18
semester hours in speech communication or related field is required; a Ph.D.
is preferred. Successful candidate should be able to teach public speaking,
oral communication, and speech communication courses. Depending on
background, candidate may teach argumentation/debate and persuasion. Review
of the applicant files begins immediately and continues until the position
is filled. Methodist University, in harmony with its tradition, takes
seriously its role in the ethical and moral development of its students.
Methodist University is an equal opportunity employer. Members of
populations traditionally under-represented in higher education are
encouraged to apply. Email, FAX (910) 630-7679, or send a letter of
application, graduate transcripts, curriculum vitae, and names of three
references with current email addresses to Dr. Willis M. Watt, Methodist
University, 5400 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC 28311-1498 or
wmwatt at methodist.edu. For additional information call 910-630-7191.