[eDebate] NCA 2008 - Registration Reminder

Morris, Eric R EricMorris
Mon Jul 28 12:02:11 CDT 2008

I also used the NCA All Academic system to remind people - BUT, just in
case.

NCA this year is REQUIRING early registration by August 6 (a week from
Wednesday) for all convention presentations. If you are not registered
by that date, which includes payment, they will remove you from the
final convention book. This is a new enforcement mechanism, and while
it's not one that I would have chosen, I would hate to see anyone
excluded because of forgetting the deadline. Thus, this is a reminder.

The letter NCA sent me (and presumptive other presenters) says that, if
you use a paper copy to register, they want it by August 1 to process
it. That's this Thursday!

If you choose to register online, you just go to www.natcom.org/members.
I just did this - it took maybe 2 minutes. They ask that you don't wait
until the last moment, so to avoid a last minute rush that crashes their
system and risks leaving people out. In my case, the greater danger
would be forgetting - so, I encourage you to do it today instead!

If you are scheduled to present but aren't planning/able to register by
August 6, please backchannel me. It's not clear whether or not we'll be
notified in any other way by NCA. Although I doubt that we'll be able to
do anything to protect panels from depleting, I am sure the CEDA
leadership would like to know where we stand, in case there are any
options to be explored...

Dr. Eric Morris

Assistant Prof. of Communication

Director of Forensics