[eDebate] vote for 1 (a,b, or c)

Morris, Eric R EricMorris
Thu Jul 10 12:05:14 CDT 2008

I would be surprised if the community gravitated toward an
interpretation that explicitly and intentionally mooted the term "at
least". I think nearly any interpretation would be preferred ahead of
intentionally mooting a term.

Instead, I think it is more likely that the list at the end would be
seen as modifying the reduction in agricultural support (reduce
agricultural support for ...... corn), with the "at least" part meaning
get rid of domestic subsidies for corn and maybe some other agricultural
support for corn.

Even if you CAN read the "at least" as altering the crop list (instead
of just the subsidies part), that interpretation would be hard to
sustain relative to one which preserves the crop list as voted upon.

Ermo

p.s. But, I agree about the (a) because the farm bill list is like 25
items, most of which are much smaller than the heavily subsidized crops.