[eDebate] GSU College Tournament Invite- Increased Judging Commitment

Brad Hall hallbrad
Mon Jul 21 19:52:55 CDT 2008

If the highly preferred judges would actually judge (or increase their
commitments beyond 1-2 debates), many of the problems would be solved. This
is not a new problem (it was discussed around the Shirley last year I
believe), but I think this post misdiagnoses the problem.

Perhaps the better solution is an NDT-style requirement that everyone at a
tournament judge 3-4 debates. It may seem easy to propose a purely financial
solution, but as anyone who regularly runs a college tournament can tell
you, there are not dozens of rounds of highly preferred judging who are only
waiting on a financial incentive to judge more debates.

Brad

--
Brad Hall
hallbrad at gmail.com