[eDebate] GSU College Tournament Invite- Increased Judging Commitment

Aaron Olney aaron.olney
Mon Jul 21 20:59:38 CDT 2008

Get rid of it all together.  MPJ is both exclusionary and bad for education
and not helpful for debaters in the long run.  How often do you get to pick
the person interviewing you for a job?  What happened to adapting to your
surroundings?  Sure there is some of that going on, but with no MPJ, people
would learn to adapt a lot more.   So what if the Harvards, Northwesterns,
Emory's get upset in an early out round occasionally.  It makes for good
drama and good stories and makes this activity more exciting.  Bad judging,
good judging... who is to decide which is which.  Sometimes luck plays into
it, but that is true with life.  Lets play for real and get rid of it all
together.