[eDebate] First issue of IN SHORT--The Journal of Small Screen Studies now available online

Richter, Nicole M n.richter
Wed Jun 4 09:18:47 CDT 2008

Hello everyone,

The first issue of IN SHORT is now available online at com.miami.edu/in-short. We are still accepting submissions for our second issue which is slated to be published in September. The journal is peer-reviewed. The Call for papers and submission guidelines can be found on the site. The journal is very interdisciplinary and encourages connections across areas within Communication and other disciplines, including but not limited to philosophy, film studies, public relations, advertising, queer theory, gender studies, television studies, music video studies, critical race studies, political communication, organizational communication, and new media/convergence studies. I would like  to do a special issue on Debate and the Moving Image in the next year. This topic is very open ended and could include a rhetorical analysis of how certain short media argue or it could include a study of a specific text and how it influences the activity of debate. If you would like to submit an article not related to debate we will consider that for a regular issue.

Thanks,

Nicole Richter
IN SHORT Editor
University of Miami