[eDebate] National Forensic League to Video Webcast Finals Day

Alfred C. Snider Alfred.Snider
Tue Jun 17 23:29:00 CDT 2008

National Forensic League to Video Webcast Finals Day

The National Forensic League in the USA
(http://www.nflonline.org/AboutNFL.AboutNFL), Debate Central
(http://debate.uvm.edu), Global Debate and the World Debate Institute
at the University of Vermont have announced that on Friday March 20
2008 the entire day's events will be available as web video on the
Internet.

"This is an exciting way for parents, supporters at home and the
entire world to see the excellence of our students," said Scott Wunn,
NFL Executive Director. "We want to thank Dr. Snider for his support
on this project."

"We are proud to have this opportunity," said Alfred Snider, "and it
is a pleasure to bring our technical expertise to this event. NFL
partnerships like this have been going on now for almost ten years and
we are very proud of the trust they put in us in these matters."

WATCH NFL FRIDAY LIVE ON THE INTERNET

GO TO

http://www.uvm.edu/debate_theater/

YOU MUST HAVE QUICKTIME INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER
FREE DOWNLOAD AT http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

LIVE FROM THE COX PAVILION AT UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA AT LAS VEGAS
FRIDAY JUNE 20 2008

8:30 AM
US EXTEMP FINALS

10 AM
INTERNATIONAL EXTEMP FINALS

11:30 AM
POLICY DEBATE FINALS

1:30 PM
PUBLIC FORUM DEBATE FINALS

2:30 PM
LINCOLN DOUGLAS DEBATE FINALS

3:30 PM
ORIGINAL ORATORY FINALS

5:30 PM
AWARDS PROGRAM

Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -8 hours
Daylight saving time: +1 hour
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -7 hours
Time zone abbreviation: PDT - Pacific Daylight Time

FROM http://www.nflonline.org/AboutNFL.AboutNFL

About the NFL

The National Forensic League is the nation's oldest and largest debate
and speech honor society. Since our founding in 1925, we have enrolled
over 1 million members in all 50 states.

The National Forensic League believes that all students should be
empowered to become effective communicators, ethical individuals,
critical thinkers, and leaders in a democratic society. We exist to
promote secondary school speech and debate activities and
interscholastic competition as a means to develop a student's lifelong
skills and values and to increase the public's awareness of the value
of speech, debate, and communication education.

The NFL Mission

The National Forensic League Honor Society promotes secondary school
speech and debate activities and interscholastic competition as a
means to develop a student?s lifelong skills and values, as well as
the public?s awareness of the value of speech, debate, and
communication education.

As an organization, the National Forensic League embraces diversity,
interconnection, and visionary leadership. We empower students to
become effective communicators, ethical individuals, critical
thinkers, and leaders in a democratic society.

The NFL Vision

The organization serves as the central agent for coordination and
facilitation of

heightened public awareness of the value of speech communication skills,
development of educational initiatives for student and teacher training,
excellence in interscholastic competition, and
the promotion of honor society ideals.