[eDebate] Teaching / Debate Coach Positions

pr at urbandebate.org pr
Mon Mar 3 13:27:20 CST 2008

TEACHING / DEBATE COACH POSITIONS
NEWARK, NEW JERSEY

Is it a dream to work in a school system where the mayor, the superintendent, the school board, the city council, district administrative staff and 39 principals all actively support debate?  Even the custodians, security guards and bus drivers? How about where policy debate is part of the city?s cultural and historical legacy or where the assistant superintendent in charge of the high schools is a former nationally competitive policy debater?  It may sound like a dream but it is reality in Newark.  Check out this link: http://www.nps.k12.nj.us/GreatDebaters.htm

Mr. Roger Leon, Assistant Superintendent of Newark Public Schools and Mr. Brent Farrand, director of the Jersey Urban Debate League invite you to join the DEBATE DREAM TEAM in Newark.  Our school district is eagerly seeking teacher applications from individuals with debate experience.

COME TO THE
NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS JOB FAIR

MARCH 18, 2008

TECHNOLOGY HIGH SCHOOL
223 BROADWAY
NEWARK, NEW JERSEY

8:30am ? 12:30

SPECIAL RECEPTION AND PRESENTATIONS FOR MEMBERS OF THE DEBATE COMMUNITY !!!!

Positions available beginning September 2008 in all subject areas and at all grade levels.

Teacher Salary Range: $45,000 - $95,000
Plus
Debate Coach Salary Range: $5,000 - $7,500

If you would like to attend please email:  bfarrand at nps.k12.nj.us.

If you are not able to attend but are interested in joining our team please email us anyway and receive application materials in the mail as well as future invites.