[eDebate] ADI Seeks Fellows

Adam Symonds asymonds
Mon Mar 3 20:35:29 CST 2008

Greetings all,

The ADI is seeking fellows for the 2008 institute. The position is open to
students currently in their second or third year of college debate who will
be competing next year and who have a track record of success on the
national level. The ADI Fellows serve in a number of capacities at the
institute, but essentially are assistants to the lab instructors, though the
fellows are also given time for individual research and practice debates
with other fellows judged by the faculty.

Fellows receive a tuition remission for the institute, free housing at the
Twin Palms Hotel as well as a stipend of $200. Fellows in previous years
have included participants in elimination rounds of CEDA Nationals and the
NDT, 1st round recipients, and CEDA and NDT National Champions. ADI
fellowships are an excellent way to get a great jump on the topic by working
with some of the top debaters and coaches in the country while using the
outstanding library facilities at Arizona State University. The dates for
the ADI will be July 28-August 10. Interested students should email me with
their contact information, debate background, name of a coach willing to act
as a reference, and a brief statement explaining why you'd like to be a
fellow at the ADI. If you have any questions about the ADI or the fellows
program, email me at this address or call me at 480-294-9067. Also, I will
be at CEDA Nationals and the NDT, so feel free to seek me out at either of
those two tournaments.

Adam Symonds
Arizona State Debate

Co-Director Arizona Debate Institute