[eDebate] CEDA NATS ANNOUNCEMENTS

Joe Patrice joepatrice
Wed Mar 12 14:07:55 CDT 2008

This post has announcements regarding tournament elim procedure,
registration and pairings, and general info:

1) While we expect to have enough teams to justify a partial quad-octafinal
round, IF the number of entries drops and we do not have enough teams to
fill out the full trips bracket, after consulting the EC, I have decided to
continue that the past practice of allowing 4-4s to clear to fill out the
trips bracket.  The EC was very divided on this issue, and ultimately I
decided that without a majority supporting one or the other option, we have
the facilities and judging to run the round, the bylaws as written allow
it, and this has been past practice so we will default to that.

2) We will release the pairings for rounds 1 and 2 at the conclusion of the
Thursday night awards presentation.  WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU -- If you have
ANY, and I mean, ANY adds, drops, alterations, reconfigurations,
adjustments, etc., we MUST know about them by the close of registration.  If
you are traveling later, then you need to call/email us and provide this
information.  Call/email us before you get on a plane if you think it's
going to be an issue.

3) The tournament will employ a Twitter account.  If you have a Twitter
account then send a text message to 40404 that contains the message "follow
cedanats" (do not include the quotes, natch)

If you don't have a Twitter account, here are the instructions again adapted
from the Wake instructions:

a. Send a text message to 40404 (it doesn't matter what's in the
text message)
b. You will then receive a text from twitter (40404) asking you to send your
name to confirm you want a twitter mobile account (this may take a minute);
c. Send a message to 40404 that contains "follow cedanats" (as written
exactly here with a space between follow and cedanats, without the quotes)
d. You should receive a confirmation text from twitter saying that you'll
receive cedanats updates

4) For those who remember the Louisville CEDA Nats, we will follow that
tradition and have a Poker tournament on Sunday night.  As with the
Louisville nats, Will Baker is running this tournament.  There will be a
sign-up sheet at the tournament.