[eDebate] University of Rochester seeking Assistant Debate Coach

Ken Johnson kenrjohnson
Wed Mar 12 17:49:29 CDT 2008

This is an unofficial announcement.  Our Dean must give the go-ahead before we can officially hire assistant coaches for 2008-09.

This is a coaching only position.  We are looking for dynamic candidates with a desire to teach and coach debate to students across all ability and experience ranges.  Our program privileges novice debate equally with NDT level competition.  An ideal candidate will be able to generate confidence in new debaters and in the next breath be able to turn around and help the next person inline prepare for a national circuit level tournament.

You must also be willing to support the development of our public debate program and world's style parliamentary debate program.

These are the assumed details.

$14,000 for Sept-May + University Medical Benefits + $200/tournament (judging stipend).

Rochester NY is a very low priced place to live.  Rents with roommates can be found in the $250/month range.

Please email me at Kenrjohnson at msn.com with questions and interest

Thanks and please pass this along to your graduating students.

Ken Johnson
Director of Forensics
University of Rochester