[eDebate] NDT Payment Information

Sherry Hall shahall
Thu Mar 13 11:34:14 CDT 2008

Greetings All:

I am writing to give you all the final details on paying your fees for the NDT tournament.  Attached to this message is a form that I would like everyone to fill out, even if you are not planning to pay by credit card.  FIlling out this form allows me to have the receipts prepared in advance which makes the registration process more efficient.

This year there are a couple of changes to figuring out your fees.  First, there is no "participant" fee.  There is a $100.00 fee per team and a $75.00 fee per observer.  The second change concerns the definition of "observer."  Each team counts as 4 participants.  An observer is any additional person -- parent, friends, coach, student, etc.  Every person in your party must be accounted for.  There is no way to insure that only people who paid for the food eat it since it will be served in the announcement room.  Given the drastic reduction in fees for this year, Jon and I ask for your cooperation in paying for all of your people.  If you qualify two teams and plan to bring a total of ten people then you would owe two team fees ($200.00) and two observer fees ($150.00) for a total of $350.00.

I am asking people to contribute money on a voluntary basis to cover the costs of the final party on Monday night.  The party will be at the hotel.  There will be a karaoke band with a dee jay, light snacks, complementary beer (a few kegs), and a cash bar for other alcohol.  If you would lilke to make a contribution and have it included with the rest of your fees, please put the amount in the line for "other" on the attached form.  If you would like to personally make a donation and would prefer  not to have it appear on your receipt, then please send me an email and let me know what you want to contribute.

If you plan to pay by credit card, you must fill out the credit card authorization information on the attached form.  We accept Master Card and Visa only.  I will call to authorize the payment on your credit card on Wednesday, March 26, 2008.  At that time your credit card will be charged, but you still need to sign a credit card receipt at registration to complete the process.

If you plan to pay by check please make it payable to "The National Debate Tournament."  Cash payments should be self-expanatory.

Please return the form to me by Friday, March 21, 2008.  You can return it to this email address, or print it out and fax it to me at: 617-876-1360.  A cover sheet is not necessary for the fax.

Thanks,

Sherry