[eDebate] Policy Coach Opening at College Prep

lexy green lexdevil
Sat Mar 22 21:31:05 CDT 2008

Nick asked me to post this to the list.  We'll have a formal announcement/job description sometime in the next week.  I'll post that once it's ready.  Once it is, the application process will start with sending your resume to our Assistant Head of School.  In the meantime, I'd love to hear from anyone who is interested in applying.

. . .

Hi,

Despite the name on the post, this is actually Nick Coburn-Palo writing this missive. I asked Lexy to post this for me, as I am not signed up on the list.

I wanted to inform the community that an amazing job is about open up as a policy debate teacher at the College Preparatory School. After eight years of teaching at CPS, I will be moving along to pursue other opportunities. However, on my way out of the job, I want to make sure that the community is aware, in what is a white-hot job market this spring, of what an unusual position I have had the pleasure of occupying at College Prep.

The Assistant Director/Head Policy Debate Coach position at CPS is, in my opinion, one of the very best jobs in all of debate. If you are someone who wants to focus on teaching and coaching extraordinarily talented students, unfettered by virtually any administrative work; If you want virtual autonomy when it comes to coaching style, argument selection and tournament travel; If you enjoy traveling and working with someone who truly loves speech and debate, who is among the most loyal and trustworthy people you will ever meet; If you enjoy teaching at a school that is jaw droppingly beautiful--it looks like a cross between a ski chalet and a tree house, with a waterfall at the top of campus; If you might enjoy living in the Bay Area, a place many people find among the most desirable places to live on the entire planet.  If this sounds appealing to you, you might want to consider updating your resume.

The job description is currently being finalized. I know that the school expects their teachers to have at least an undergraduate degree in hand. For now, if you think might have serious interest in the position, I would suggest contacting the Director of Forensics at CPS, Lexy Green, at lexdevil at mindspring.com.

Now, back to March Madness.

Nick Coburn-Palo