[eDebate] Open 2009 in San Francisco

Shawn Whalen swhalen
Wed Mar 26 11:39:32 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

It is with great pleasure that we announce the inaugural Golden Gate
Invitational at San Francisco State University.  We are thrilled to be able
to invite you to our great city and we look forward to emulating the great
hospitality that we've enjoyed at all of the tournaments that we attend.

We will offer novice, junior, and open divisions in policy debate.  We will
also offer Individual Events and Parliamentary debate (run on separate
schedules with separate judge pools).  For those of you that attended the
2005 CEDA Nationals, the facilities will be nearly identical - same hotel,
same buildings etc.  Greg Achten and Jon Bruschke will administer the policy
debate tabulation.

The hurdle to hosting over the years has always been the hotel costs in our
city; however, we hope that concern is behind us.  The reason for this early
email is to ask you to make your hotel reservations immediately, so that we
can work with the hotel to accommodate a larger block if necessary.

Contact information and all of the relevant tournament details can be found
at www.sfstateforensics.com <http://www.sfstateforensics.com/> .

If you have other questions please feel free to contact us.

Warm Regards,

Shawn Whalen              Kristina Whalen

Dir. of Forensics            Dir. of Forensics

SF State University        City College of San Francisco

swhalen at sfsu.edu         kwhalen at ccsf.edu

(415) 338-1097               (415) 452-4844