[eDebate] UNLV 2008 Tournament Dates--JOIN US IN LAS VEGAS!!!

Jacob.Thompson at unlv.edu Jacob.Thompson
Wed Mar 26 15:51:22 CDT 2008

The 2008 Las Vegas Classic Debate Tournament will occur from Sept
30-October 7.

In 2007 we hosted 88 teams in 3 divisions, this year we expect to surpass
100 teams.  As always, we promise to provide everyone at the tournament
with top-notch hospitality, excellent competition, and everything else
that one may expect to find and enjoy in lovely Las Vegas.

This year, we are resurrecting an important tradition--the Las Vegas Round
Robin of yore...We will now host a round robin tournament preceeding our
regular invitational tournament with a transparent application process
(application details to be posted shortly after the NDT) the round robin
will take place Tuesday September 30 and Wednesday October 1, 2008.

The regular Las Vegas Classic invitational will run from Saturday October
4-Monday October 6, 2008 with registration in the evening on Friday
October 3.

One additional new dimension to this tournament is a brief Argumentation
and Debate Conference that will be held in the early or mid afternoon on
the UNLV campus on Tuesday October 7, 2008.  Guidelines for submitting
papers, abstracts, and/or discussion panels will be posted shortly after
the NDT as well.

For more info on the tournament (especially if you're curious about our
Argumentation and Debate Conference), feel free to email me or just ask me
at the NDT.

We look forward to seeing all of our friends in Vegas again this October.

Jake

Dr. Jacob Thompson, Ph.D.
Director, Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum
Assistant Professor In Residence
Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
Department of Communication Studies
University of Nevada, Las Vegas