[eDebate] Pies

Kelly Young kel1773
Tue Mar 18 17:04:50 CDT 2008

Tuna said:
I would ask all tournament directors to include in their invitation a

clause about not interfering with the right of any debater to express

their arguments, and violators get tossed. I will work on some wording

and suggest it later.

Fully agree with Tuna here. Perhaps more importantly, this should remain an organizational rule and a general norm against. Besides interfering with one's right to express themselves, it is also considered misdemeanor assault and makes one responsible for damages. I dunno, but I can't imagine my administration's reaction if I had to tell them that the university owes a debater a few hundred bucks plus legal fees because we chose a political advocacy of throwing pies at people at a debate tournament.

Kelly

Kelly M. Young, Ph.D.
Director of Forensics/
Assistant Professor