[eDebate] The Big Picture

Jason Russell jasonlrussell1
Fri Mar 21 20:13:31 CDT 2008

Correlation is not causation. Slipping in a line about "now there's MPJ and
pies" doesnt make the association between the two. I suspect that a larger
cause of the decline in participating schools is the lack of local
tournaments, the decline in school budgets, and the increase in cheaper,
less time-intensive debate options like parli. I cant prove it, but you cant
prove it's MPJ. And, honestly, this post doesnt even try to doo anything
except assert it. So, your facts are, while illustrative, hardly more useful
than that.