[eDebate] High School Coaching Position for National Travel Team in Maryland

bratt at capitol-debate.com bratt
Fri May 2 13:18:40 CDT 2008

Our nonprofit, Capitol Debate, has partnered with the Howard County,
Maryland school system (between Baltimore and DC) in starting debate
teams in all 13 high schools in their county.  To date, we have started
4 new programs over the last 2 years.  As the kids gain experience, they
become part of our county National Travel Team.  Last year, we travelled
16 kids nationally and plan to travel 24 kids nationally in 2008-2009.

We are currently searching for a head coach for our national team for
next year.  The job can range from part-time to potential full time
position.  General responsibilities for part time position include:

1. Meet with the Students at least once a week
2. Work with students over the week researching and cutting files
3. Manage the squads research before tournaments
4. Oversee strategy for the National Team
5. Travel to and coach teams at National Tournaments

We are looking for someone with experience successfully coaching high
school students on the national level.  Experience working as a lab
leader during the summer a plus.

Of course, this is ideal for someone moving out to the DC area who needs
coaching work to supplement income.  But we are considering making this
closer to a full time position for the right candidate.  Additional
responsibilites for the full time position would include working with
novices, teaching middle school debate and administrative work for the
nonprofit.

Reliable Transportation is a must!

If you are interested in these opportunities, please email me a letter
of interest detailing your background in debate and coaching and your
interest level in the job.  A resume would be helpful also.  My email is
bratt at capitol-debate.com.  If you  have any questions, please feel free
to call me at 443 538 4992.  I will also be at the Tournament of
Champions Sunday Afternoon and most of Monday if you would like to
speak.

Thank you,

Ronald Bratt
Founder