[eDebate] 2008 Laramie Scrimmage Invitation

matt stannard stannardmatt
Wed May 7 17:36:33 CDT 2008

Dear Colleague: We?re pleased to invite you to the 2008 Laramie Scrimmage Policy Debate Tournament, taking place Saturday and Sunday, September 27-28, here at the University of Wyoming. THE TOURNAMENT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE. There are no entry fees. We only ask that teams cover their judging commitments and volunteer to judge 1-2 extra rounds. We will offer six rounds of NDT/CEDA debate on the 2008-2009 resolution, with appropriate elimination rounds, in as many divisions as entries warrant. We will recognize an appropriate number of individual speakers in each division of debate. We will do everything we can to maintain separate novice, JV and open divisions throughout the tournament, including doing a PARTIAL collapse if necessary and, without a doubt, holding breakout final rounds in each division. Details: Times will be 9-3-6 with 10 minutes of preparation time per team. Open division is open to any and all competitors. Junior division is limited to competitors in their first two years of collegiate debate competition. Novice division will be defined, for the purposes of the tournament, as competitors in their first year of collegiate debate competition who did not compete in POLICY debate at any time in high school. One judge covers two debate teams. We ask all judges to volunteer to judge one or two rounds beyond their commitment, since entries are free of charge.

Lodging: The tournament hotel is the Ramada Inn. They are offering a block rate of $69.00 per night, plus 10% tax, for double rooms. They have a free hot breakfast buffet every morning, and for Laramie, this rate is a steal.  The block rate expires September 13. Their address is 2313 Soldier Springs Road, and their phone number is (307) 742-6611. Please make sure they know you are entering the UW Debate Tournament on Sept. 27-28 (since we are hosting a parli/ie tournament a week later and we don?t want to confuse the folks at the hotel). Please let Matt Stannard know if you have any problems securing reservations.

Entering the tournament: Entries will soon be enabled on the debateresults.com site (aka the ?Bruschke Site?). We will post to edebate when the entries are enabled. Directions to Laramie, Hotel, Tournament, etc.: Maps and travel information will be sent to the directors and coaches of every team entering the tournament. Schedule: Saturday, Sept. 27: 9:00 AM Round One (all debates will take place in the Classroom Building at UW) 1:00 PM Round Two 4:00 PM Round Three 7:00 PM Round Four Sunday, Sept. 28: 9:00 AM Round Five 1:00 PM Round Six 4:00 PM First Elimination Round Announcement of Awards and Further Elimination Rounds to Follow
Get Free (PRODUCT) RED?  Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.