[eDebate] What does agricultural subsidies have to do with animals

James K. Stanescu thescu
Thu May 8 12:43:51 CDT 2008

Jason Russell wrote: "P.S. What the hell does critical animal studies have
to do with decreasing
ag subsidies? Maybe Im missing something. The topic area is, as far as I can

tell, not "Resolved: Ag...should we have it?"."

The topic paper outlines the possibility of abolishing subsidies for
Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations, which are basically what we call
factory farms. This seems like a rather mainstream topical way to access
critical animal studies literature. There are also other ways to access it,
but CAFOs are just the most obvious.

-Scu

--
James K. Stanescu
Graduate Student

Assistant Debate Coach

"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will also be battlefields."
-Tolstoy