[eDebate] Official Agenda for CEDA Summer Mtg./Business Mtg.

Darren Elliott delliott
Thu May 29 15:44:50 CDT 2008

Greetings Debate Community!

It is my pleasure to welcome you to Dallas this weekend for the annual CEDA Summer Meeting, and for the 1st time, official CEDA Business Meeting.  I authored an amendment in November to make the Summer Mtg. a Business Meeting, and the membership voted to do just that.  As such, many items will be up for discussion and spirited debate no doubt over the course of the weekend.  On Monday morning the official Business Mtg. will take place.  Following the results a ballot will be mailed out by the Executive Secretary.  Please keep an eye out as you may only be familiar with voting on the Topic in the summer.

The following agenda will serve as a working template.  The summer meeting is designed to be fluid, conversational, and productive.  I will work hard to see that happens.  We have a talented group of people in the EC and I am positive the summer meeting will produce a wealth of great change for the organization!

If you cannot join us in Dallas, the meetings will be streamed over the internet courtesy of UT Dallas.  We are also working to videotape the meetings and upload them to the web.  This way you can follow the action prior to the business portion on Monday.

Assuming we can decide what to do with seating the delegates from Florida and Michigan, this is the proposed agenda (subject to tweaking).

See you in Dallas!
chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics
Kansas City Kansas Community College
CEDA President
----

CROSS EXAMINATION DEBATE ASSOCIATION

SUMMER MEETING AND BUSINESS MEETING
MAY 31ST-JUNE 2ND, 2008

HOSTED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS

AGENDA

SATURDAY, MAY 31ST

Session 1:       9am-Noon

I.                    Call to Order--President Darren Elliott
Roll Call of Officers and Regional Reps--Executive Secretary Jeff Jarman
            Appointment of Recording Secretar(y/ies)--President Darren Elliott

II.         Request of Agenda Items to be Added to Working Days Agenda   (Saturday/Sunday)

III.       Presentation of Bids by potential 2009 CEDA National Hosts
A)    Idaho State University?Sarah Partlow Lefevre
B)     University of Oklahoma?Jackie Massey
C)    Questions/Comments

IV.       Committee Reports
A)    Awards?Gordon Stable, USC
B)     Discrimination and Harassment?
C)    Tournament Site?Darren Elliott, KCKCC
D)    Professional Development?Sue Peterson, CSU Chico
E)     Program Development?Mike Davis, James Madison
F)     Public Relations?Kathryn Rubino, Army
G)    Research?Sue Peterson, CSU Chico
H)    Student Leadership?
I)       Topic?Gordon Stables, USC
J)       Regional Reps/Others??

V.        Officer Reports
            A)  Executive Secretary?Jeff Jarman, Wichita State University
            B)  Treasurer?Kelly McDonald, Arizona State/ML Sandoz, Vanderbilt
            C)  2nd Vice President?Sue Peterson, CSU Chico
            D)  1st Vice President?Gordon Stables, USC
            E)  President?Darren Elliott, Kansas City Kansas Community College
Session 2:       1:30-5pm

VI.       Academic Paper Presentations
            (TBD)

VII.            Working Groups/Consideration of Action Items submitted under 1st Vice President?s Report?Gordon Stables, USC

VIII.     Working Groups/Consideration of Action Items submitted under President?s
            Report?Darren Elliott, KCKCC

IX.       Discussion of Amendments for Monday Business Meeting.

X.        Continue Working Groups/Open Discussion/Added Agenda Items

SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST

Session 3:       9am-Noon

I.                    Call to Order/Roll Call?Darren Elliott, President/Jeff Jarman, Executive Sec.

II.                 Executive Council Meeting to discuss an issue concerning a private matter relating to a non-elected official.  Enter into Executive Session (all Officers and Regional Representatives or their designees) not to exceed 30 minutes.  Possible action to follow.

III.               Continue Working Groups/Action Items as presented/Added Agenda Items.

Session 4:       1:30-5pm

I.          Committee Reform Work
            A)  Consideration of Committee elimination/revisal
            B)  Committee Chair Appointments

II.         Open Discussion/Continue Working Groups

MONDAY, JUNE 2nd

9am-Noon:      CEDA BUSINESS MEETING

I.                    Call to Order/Roll Call?Darren Elliott, President/Jeff Jarman, Executive Sec.

II.         Official CEDA Business Meeting as per Executive Secretary Agenda
            (Amendment Considerations/Voting, Hand out Officer Reports, Discussion)