[eDebate] Gonzo/Russia

David Cram Helwich cramhelwich
Thu May 8 11:13:47 CDT 2008

I disagree with one of JT's point--

Malgor, Dylan's and others' point is that a lack of unifying ground in the
topic ensures that teams go uber-generic in crafting their fallback negative
strategies. The mideast topic did not offer core, topic-specific negative
ground. Realizing this, the Gophers' first two negative assignments were a
Geographic Aesthetics K and Consult EU. Obviously, we have a really young
squad that is still finding its research legs, but we still went for those
arguments in a TON of debates, even some late in the season against new
and/or corner affs.

On the flip side, on the energy topic, Mac's first three neg files were an
oil prices DA, a coal prices DA, and a natural gas prices DA. I think that
most people would agree that it was easier to be negative on the energy
topic.

$.02

dch
head gopher