[eDebate] UNT Welcomes Louie Petit

Morris, Eric R EricMorris
Thu May 8 11:59:00 CDT 2008

Or root for any teams, in case he decides that would make more sense
than planning routes for them.

-----Original Message-----
From: edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com
[mailto:edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com] On Behalf Of Morris, Eric R
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 11:58 AM
To: edebate at ndtceda.com
Subject: Re: [eDebate] UNT Welcomes Louie Petit

I want to congratulate Louie, and also North Texas, on this
announcement. I think many close to our program understand how
absolutely central Louie was to our squad in general, and in particular
to Ozzy & Clay's runs at CEDA and NDT. We will miss him greatly -
coaches of his caliber simply cannot be replaced.

I am extremely confident he will continue to do an outstanding job. I
also think he a fabulous example of how you don't have to be a 1st round
debater to become an amazing coach - it just takes times, effort, a love
of arguments, and a commitment to constantly improving your skills. I
hope his success up to this point, and beyond, inspires others the way
it has inspired me.

Of course, I'm also concerned that, particularly with Kuntal returning,
we might be losing more rounds to UNT. I do have a video of him jumping
into a practice round that could be posted if I'm provoked....

Ermo
MoState

p.s. Hopefully, Louie won't take this job as a license to route for any
sports team from the Dallas metro area. No such licenses are available.