[eDebate] Question regarding reparations topic in relation to the ballot

Gordon Stables stables
Mon May 12 00:08:54 CDT 2008

Adrienne and all,

Thanks for  checking. The committee, in consultation with Andy, felt that
the literature provided and independent research best supported the two sets
of reparations mentioned on the controversy ballot.

In other words, if reparations wins all of the wording work will center on
only two those items (transatlantic slavery and indigenous dispossession).

Thanks for asking. I hope everyone gets their votes in before tomorrow's
deadline.

Gordon

Chair - CEDA Topic Selection Committee

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.
Director of Debate and Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication
University of Southern California
Office: 213 740 2759               Fax: 213 740 3913
 <http://usctrojandebate.com/> http://usctrojandebate.com