[eDebate] The 2008 Glenbrooks

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Wed Nov 5 17:53:00 CST 2008

The 2008 Glenbrooks will be held on November 22-24, 2008.  As always, we look forward to hosting one of the largest speech/debate tournaments in the nation.  Our events filled up this year faster than ever before!

This is also a great weekend to bridge the college and high school debate communities.  We welcome college directors and competitors this weekend for recruiting high school students, socializing with their high school counterparts and enjoying all that Chicago has to offer.

Our website is www.glenbrookdebate.com if you are needing schedule information.  The main tournament hotel, The Hyatt-Deerfield, was booked up about three weeks ago.  It appears some last minute cancellations have a few openings.  If the Hyatt is full, there are three overflow hotels listed on our website as well.  You can also contact me via email if you are needing assistance with "sold out" hotels.

Please let me know if you are in town and you are willing to volunteer a round or two during your stay.  We want to make sure to get you on the strike sheet.

There are two receptions for our guests - The Ted W. Belch Reception will be held during registration in the Ballroom during registration and there will be an informal reception on Sunday night in the Presidential Suite.

See you in a couple of weeks!

Tara Tate, Glenbrook South
Christina Tallungan, Glenbrook North