[eDebate] Request for Clarification regarding MPJ at Tournaments.

Mon Nov 10 21:19:24 CST 2008

We have been to three tournaments post-amendment regarding equalization of MPJ
for all divisions. My impression is that at each tournament, varsity teams have
recieved all of the preferences/MPJ, with junior varsity and novice getting
little or nothing. There are a lot of reasons that I can list as to why I think
this is a bullshit deal for novice and JV teams, but I will save that rant for
another day. Rather, I just want to know whether the amendment to CEDA 1) has
any meaning at all and 2) if it does, what the hell does it mean? Because if
the goal was to make the opportunity to have my teams have a chance to be heard
by the top judges, I think the amendment has become an epic failure. Can someone
from the CEDA Executive Committee, or the CEDA Executive Secretary, establish a
clear explanation to tournament directors what they are required to provide for
a CEDA sanctioned tournamnet?

Scott Elliott