[eDebate] Yet another Shirley Update

Fri Nov 14 00:56:59 CST 2008

"2. Your pre-tournament info drastically improves our scouting. If you like good
intel on your opponents, send your stuff as soon as you can. Good intel improves
everyone's debating!"

What are the warrants for this claim?

I don't think debate has improved that much since the forced discolsure policies
of these mega tournaments. Where are these "awesome" case debates that are/were
supposed to result from case disclosures? All I hear are the same bad critiques
and the same politics disads every round. Who really benefits? Squads with 10
coaches and 30 debaters? The only thing I found interesting from the GSU case
list was the Wake F-22 disad...wow, That was a real gem of a disad to find out
about.

Scott Elliott