[eDebate] USC - Alan Nichols Tournament Hotel

Gordon Stables stables
Wed Nov 19 15:59:58 CST 2008

Apologies to all for the delays. The full invite will be up shortly. The
seven round tournament for Open, JV and Novice (entries permitting)
tournament will be running from January 3-5, 2009.

I wanted to get the hotel information up so folks can go ahead and make
their reservations. We have once again secured a block of rooms at the
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel. This is the same property that we have
used in previous years. We are pleased to have secured a $109.00 per night
rate for up to four guests per room at this property.  We realize this is an
increase over past years, but the changing nature of downtown hotel
properties has made our historical rate structure difficult to maintain.

Contact the hotel at (213) 488-3500 to make reservations. Ask for the block
for the 'USC Debate Squad.' We strongly encourage you to use this option.
New Year's in Los Angeles can be very expensive. Making reservations outside
the block with the Sheraton can cost you at least $199 per room over those
dates.

The block is available on a first-come, first-serve basis to our guests. The
block typically fills so please reserve as early as possible.

You can access the Sheraton's
<http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propert
yID=1598&EM=VTY_SI_losangeles_1598_overview>  website to find more
information about the property or contact them.

711 South Hope Street

Los Angeles, California 90017
Phone (213) 488-3500                    Fax (213) 488-4110

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.
Director of Debate and Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication
University of Southern California
Office: 213 740 2759               Fax: 213 740 3913
 <http://usctrojandebate.com/> http://usctrojandebate.com