[eDebate] Boston Debate League (reposting in plaintext)

Matt Schnall mschnall
Fri Nov 21 15:51:41 CST 2008

I am forwarding the message below on behalf of Steve Stein, the new
coordinator of Boston's urban debate league. (Some of you will
remember Steve from his college debate days at Emory.) If you have
ties to the Boston area, please join our list of interested
debaters/alums by emailing Steve or me. We will let you know about
the great progress the league is making and how, if you like, you can
get involved.

-- Matt

Matt Schnall
Harvard Debate '90
Boston, MA
mschnall at gmx.net

________________________________

Calling all former debaters in and from the Boston area.

The Boston Debate League is a non-profit organization that, in
partnership with the Boston Public Schools, extends the life-changing
opportunity of debate to students in Boston?s public high schools. If
you benefited from debate yourself, or if you are passionate about
providing valuable educational opportunities to Boston?s young
people, then you know how significant debate can be.

The Boston Debate League would like to get in touch with as many
former debaters in or from the Boston area as we can. To find out
more about what we are doing in Boston, please email our director
Steve Stein at steve at bostondebate.org. I also highly recommend the
powerful and moving piece by 60 Minutes about the impact that
Urban Debate Leagues have on the lives of troubled students,
available at http://urbandebate.org/60minutes.shtml .

Steven Stein
Executive Director
Boston Debate League