[eDebate] Entries at 2009 Fear and Loathing in Dallas (UTD)

Burk, Christopher R crb012000
Mon Nov 24 13:34:38 CST 2008

We have been able to boost slightly the number of rooms available for the tournament. The total is now 48 rooms. So I have raised the entry limit to 96 total teams.  Five teams have been shifted from the wait list to entered. The total entered at this moment is 95, leaving one slot available.

We are working to secure even more rooms but we cannot make any promises at this time.  We will we do secure more rooms or currently entered teams drop, then we will shift teams from the wait list to entered.  If you wish to enter teams, please indicate that be submitted your teams to the wait list. There are a handful of drops each season during the winter break so there's a very high chance that many teams from the wait list will eventually allowed to enter and compete.

If you have already secured entry for your teams then please take the next few appropriate steps. Please indicate the food preferences of people on your squad. Please register your judges and ensure that each judge from your squad has a post judging statement. Please make hotel reservations at the Crowne Plaza. And please verify that your debaters will actually attend. In other words, please drop any team that cannot or will not attend the tournament.

Please email me if you have any questions or concerns regarding our tournament.

Chris Burk

Christopher Burk
Director of Debate
University of Texas at Dallas
www.utdallas.edu/orgs/debate/

"If you believe everything you read, you better not read."  -- Japanese Proverb