[eDebate] press secretary fratto dodges birth certificate question today

Old Strega oldstrega
Mon Nov 24 20:32:13 CST 2008

story is gaining traction.      lester kinsolving of the white house press corps disagrees with the idea that this is a total conspiracy theory.     fratto's silence is indicative of the explosiveness of the issue surrounding obama's refusal to let the public analyze his birth certificate.    will obama kick lester kinsolving out of the press corps before he can ask his new spin doctor the same question?http://www.oilforimmigration.org/Deputy White House Press Secretary Avoids Question About Obama Birth CertificatePosted on November 25th, 2008 by adminIn a press briefing this morning, Deputy White House Press Secretary Tony Fratto ended the briefing by overtly avoiding a question regarding President-elect Barack Obama?s birth certificate and demands made by the CEO of WorldNetDaily that a long-form document be released.From the transcript (video also available at the link HERE):http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/11/20081124-1.htmlAnd Lester, and then we?re done.Q: Thank you, Tony. Two questions. There?s been extensive media coverage of where the two Obama daughters will attend school. And my question: The White House believes that they should be able to attend the school their parents select without criticism because it?s private rather than public, don?t you?MR. FRATTO: I think we support all parents making that decision.Q: Good. The CEO of WorldNetDaily has called on the President-elect to release a birth certificate listing the hospital and names of parents. The White House believes that this would fully satisfy the constitutional requirement, don?t you?MR. FRATTO: I don?t think I have anything to say on that, Lester, and I think we?re going to end it right there.Thank you.The question, it seems, came from Lester Kinsolving, a journalist known over the past few decades for his off-the-wall questions while working as a member of the White House press corps. Still, with the recent news that the Kenyan Ambassador ?confirmed? to a radio host that Obama was born in Kenya (personally, their questioning left much to be desired, and reminded me of the classic deposition question, ?So, when did you stop beating your wife,? in that it was designed to catch the guy off-guard), it seems that the story is gaining some traction.by Jeff Schreiber