[eDebate] [CEDA-L] MPJ across divisions

NEIL BERCH berchnorto
Wed Nov 12 14:11:48 CST 2008

Four notes on the West Conn tournament:
1.  Each division had 7 strikes, no other prefs.  The tougher conditiion
would be with prefs.
2.  The fact that the novice division was the largest was probably the
biggest factor in placing superstar judges in Novice (that's just where most
of the judging was).
3.  In each round, I first placed judges in the most constrained pool
(Open), and worked my way to the least constrained.  Gary's point about the
order in which you place judges determining average preference between
divisions doesn't apply when there are only strikes (regardless of division,
everyone got non-struck judges, of course).
4.  No judge was struck by more than 50% of teams, if memory serves me
correctly.

--Neil Berch
West Virginia University