[eDebate] Fw: Opposing Views, New Expert Debate Site

Jim Hanson hansonjb
Thu Oct 9 01:45:32 CDT 2008

this site looked pretty decent to me: www.opposingviews.com

more info below.

jim :)
hansonjb at whitman.edu

From: Edgar Acosta
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 4:38 PM
To: hansonjb at whitman.edu
Subject: Opposing Views, New Expert Debate Site

Hi Jim:

My name is Edgar Acosta, and I'm an editor at a new Web site called www.opposingviews.com

We feature expert debates and commentary on many different topics-including religion, social issues and politics.

You'll find content on everything from the ethics of eating meat to homosexuality to carbon trading.

Our experts include such diverse groups as PETA, the McCain/Obama campaigns, the Sierra Club and the NRA.

Considering our shared love of debate, I'm hoping you'll take an interest in our site.

While we've received favorable press from publications like the New York Times and TechCrunch, we're hoping to make inroads into the educational community.

Perhaps you can spread the word by telling your colleagues and students about Opposing Views, linking to us, posting something in a blog (if you have one) or suggesting how to reach like-minded folks. Whatever you recommend is greatly appreciated.

Know that our mission is to encourage intelligent, thoughtful discussion where all viewpoints are respected.

We strictly adhere to our Civility 101 code, which appears at the bottom of our home page.

Thanks for your time and interest.
I certainly appreciate it, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Edgar Acosta
Editor
Opposing Views
12925 Riverside Drive