[eDebate] Harvard Tournament Menu

Sherry Hall shahall
Tue Oct 21 07:01:18 CDT 2008

Howdy:

I am excited to announce that I am seeking to eliminate nearly all of the Harvard College Tournament subsidy for CAFOs by securing non-CAFO produced animal products for the food for the tournament this year. I have made changes in my personal eating choices in response to this topic's spotlight on the plight of factory-farmed animals in this country.  I was struggling with what to do about the vast amounts of products I purchase for the Harvard tournament.  A couple of weeks ago I began investigating alternatives and was happy to find that affordable, locally produced, humanely-raised products are available.  I will have information about these local farmers available at the tournament and would be happy to communicate with anyone who is interested in how to find humanely raised, non-CAFO alternatives.

2008 Harvard Debate Tournament

Menu

Saturday November 1, 2008

Breakfast:

Bagels, Lox, Cream Cheese, Assorted Breakfast Pastries, Carrot-Pinon Chile Bread, Pumpkin Bread, Fresh Fruit, Juice & Coffee

Lunch:

The Starter Table:

Salsa Bar: Guacamole; Roasted Garlic and Tomato Salsa; Grilled Pineapple Salsa; Chipotle-Peach Salsa; Salsa Verde; Cranberry-Habanero Relish

Ceviche Bar: Halibut with Lemon & Coriander Oil; Salmon with Mustard & Scallions; Mussels on the Half Shell with Roasted Red Pepper; Smoky Maine Shrimp with Tangerine

Chili Bar: Aunt Vicky's Award Winning Texas Chili con Carne; Turkey Chicken Verde; Vegetarian Chili

The Big Enchilada:  New Mexico Style Cheese Enchiladas with home-made Red Chile Sauce; Chicken, Grilled Poblano Pepper and Sour Cream Enchiladas; Pumpkin and Roasted Veggies Vegan Enchiladas; Chile Rellenos stuffed with Goat Cheese & Queso Blanco; Green Chile Polenta with Three Cheeses; Spanish Rice & Refried Beans

Sweets: (All made from scratch) Oatmeal Cookies, Fudge, Texas Apple Cake

Sunday November 2, 2008

Breakfast:

Breakfast Tacos: Egg, Cheese & Chorizo; Egg, Cheese & Potato; Grilled Vegetables & Potato

Muffins, Fruit, Juices and Coffee

Lunch:

Salads: Green Bean & Roasted Hazelnut Salad; Grilled Corn with Jalapeno Vinaigrette; Moroccan Carrot Salad; Malaysian Cole Slaw with Grilled Pineapple; Jicama & Orange Salad; Red-Hot Potato Salad; Chilly Chile Lentil Salad; Chickpea, Hazelnut & Pepper Salad; Black-Eyed Pea and Cilantro Salad

Sandwiches: Hummus Roll-Ups - with or without Roasted Swordfish; Assorted Sessa's Italian Deli Sandwiches

Desserts: Rum Balls, Bread Pudding

Champagne Reception (At the Sheraton):

Starters:

New Mexico Pumpkin Seed Dip, Chipotle Hummus, Spicy Feta-Cheese Dip, Hummus, Baba Ghanouj, with Pita Chips; Smoked-Salmon Roulades; Assorted New England Cheeses; Vegetable Crudite;

Main Course:

Smoked Salmon with Sour Cream Dill Sauce; Carving Station with Turkey; Chicken Parmesan; Pasta Station with Marinara and Al Fredo Sauce; Grilled Vegetables; Rolls

Desserts: Cookies and Fruit.

Complementary glass of champagne for participants of legal age, must provide identification.