[eDebate] Graduate School and Coaching at Wyoming

matt stannard stannardmatt
Tue Oct 21 10:07:35 CDT 2008

The University of Wyoming will have an opening for a graduate assistant coach specializing in NDT/CEDA debate, beginning in the Fall of 2009.The position pays your tuition, fees and health insurance, and provides a more-than-sufficient living stipend to complete an MA in Communication Studies or Journalism. There is currently no teaching requirement for debate GAs, but you can assist in a variety of teaching contexts (such as the Argumentation class and forensics practicum) if you want that on your vitae. We will also employ you at our high school and college summer institutes, as well as assist you in finding employment at other summer programs. Our department is cutting-edge and diverse; you can study rhetoric, media criticism, cultural and intercultural communication, comm. theory and science, public relations, broadcasting, and journalism, among others. The team practices a pluralistic and democratic philosophy of debate with a great deal of ideological and methodological diversity. We travel an extremely competitive national and regional schedule, and enjoy outstanding administrative, departmental, and alumni support. Our success rate for placing former Wyoming assistant coaches is simply incredible. We have placed Directors of Forensics at Pepperdine, Lousiana State, Marist College, and Regis, PhD candidates at Penn State and SIU, and assistant directors at the Greenhill School, Damien HS, and Weber State University. Finally, Laramie is an extremely cheap and friendly place to live, and you're moments away from some of the most beautiful mountain ranges and recreation areas in the country. If you are interested in the position, there are two things you should do: 1. Email me. I will answer any questions you have, and will also forward your contact information to Dr. Tracey Patton, our Director of Graduate Studies. 2. Check out the department and the grad school. The department's home page is: http://uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/COJO/.

The department's graduate studies page is: http://uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/COJO/grad.asp Please contact me with any questions. Best of luck this season. Matt Stannard
Director of Forensics
University of Wyoming