[eDebate] two birds, one sword in the stone

Wed Oct 22 09:04:02 CDT 2008

frankly, i not only hope Barack Hussein Obama II is foreign-born, i hope he's
lied about his age as well, and hasn't "attained to the age of 35" like our dear
ol' constitution requires -- a blow to both xenophobia and ageism in a single
stroke! ...likewise, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrP7e-Pg-Hg

meanwhile, in news that matters,
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=4535: "new statistics
from the Saudi Ministry of Interior, corroborated by the Pentagon's own
findings, show that the the overwhelming majority of individuals detained at
Guant?namo not
only were not terrorists, but were likely INNOCENT OF ANY
CRIME."

one kenyan senator is on record as saying,
http://www.barackobama.com/2007/08/01/remarks_of_senator_obama_the_w_1.php:
"in the detention cells of Guantanamo, we have compromised our most precious
values. What could have been a call to a generation has become an excuse for
unchecked presidential power. A tragedy that united us was turned into a political
wedge issue used to divide us. ... There has been only one conviction at Guantanamo.
It was for a guilty plea on material support for terrorism. The sentence was 9 months.
There has not been one conviction of a terrorist act. I have faith in America's courts,
and I have faith in our JAGs. As President, I WILL CLOSE GUANTANAMO, reject the
Military Commissions Act, and adhere to the Geneva Conventions."
When your life is on the go?take your life with you.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298558/direct/01/