[eDebate] Why was the Phil K. edebate list born?

Alfred Snider alfred.snider
Sat Oct 25 12:09:07 CDT 2008

Hello from Lima, Peru, where I am sitting in the airport.

I, and my school, stopped sponsoring this list because my chair advised
me (as did my dean) that based on the iresponsible and childish postings
that existed that the University of Vermont would be better off not
being involved with it. Would your university want to sponsor the kind
of stuff you have seen here in the last six months?

I agreed, Phil took it on, and I support his efforts, both personaly and
financially.

I do sponsor our Northeast debate lisrtserv and a UDL listserv. Still.

In my opinion, policy debate is not the whole of CEDA. CEDA is a subset.

Tuna

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics