[eDebate] Jueging at Joe C. Jackson--important

Eric Wendell Marlow emarlow
Sun Oct 26 12:15:37 CDT 2008

In an effort to increase the educational experience of debaters at the
Joe C. Jackson, we are requiring that judges have a philosophy on
debateresults that debaters can access.  There is no excuse for not
having one up by November.  Directors, if your critics do not have a
philosophy posted, they will not be allowed to count toward filling
your commitment.  A quick run through of the critics listed so far
yields the following list of people with no information:

Baylor

Michael Weitz

Kansas State University

Chelsea Good
George Hodges

University of Oklahoma

Casey Howard
Billy Lieurance
Nick Shirley
Sarah Steece

Wichita State University

Zach Brown

IMPORTANT PART

If these critics do not have a philosophy by the time we initialize
prefs, they will be removed from the pool and your school's entry/entry
fees will be adjusted to either cover judging for teams or to remove
teams we can't cover from the pool.  I hate to be draconian about this,
but I feel like there is no excuse for forcing debaters to try to
figure out their critics in November.  If you have any questions,
please feel free to contact me.  We look forward to hosting all of you
next month and to offering a great competitive and educational
experience for all of the participants.

Peace,
Marlow

**ADDRESS CHANGE NOTICE**-The University of Central Oklahoma is
moving to a new Internet address.  This e-Mail address and web
sites are now available at uco.edu.  All e-mail addresses and web
sites will use uco.edu effective January 2, 2009.

**CONFIDENTIALITY** -This email (including any attachments) may
contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information.  Any