[eDebate] 'stroube: wrong on drugs; wrong for america'.

Fri Oct 31 14:02:19 CDT 2008

jack wrote,
http://www.ndtceda.com/pipermail/edebate/2008-October/076688.html :
"the birth certificate has been forged[.]"

you don't know that, but in any case, that dog won't hunt ...so move on.

i agree wholeheartedly with all your analysis on foucault and we also agree
that laws can often be used to fight normalization (an argument i had with
adam lee when i publicly requested - and received - u.t.n.i.f.'s disciplinary
records some years back).

{ http://www.ndtceda.com/pipermail/edebate/2002-June/041611.html
plus, http://www.ndtceda.com/pipermail/edebate/2005-April/062270.html }

that said, the reason i was getting after you for 'the genius of the founding
fathers'-spiel was the xenophobia you were sneaking in the backdoor - e.g.,
you suggested those born in iran or china would be unqualified and possible
traitors (although presumably they'd still had to have lived in the country for
the requisite time). this move didn't work to discredit obama and promoted
a distrust of foreigners, was my point. guess i could've been clearer.

anyway, we also agree on "...Cagliostro, charlatan limbo, sledgehammer
theocracy, a phosphorescent fascist fandango..." :: tom wolfe, 'the electric
kool-aid acid test' - page 387.

and so forth,
http://hypem.com/track/648694/Department+Of+Eagles-Phantom+Other