[eDebate] 6 v. 8 rounds

Jim Hanson hansonjb
Wed Oct 22 15:17:58 CDT 2008

I'll throw in my thought: 7 rounds plus elims
4 prelims sat
3 prelims sun plus an elim
4 elims mon

jim :)
hansonjb at whitman.edu

From: "Kuswa, Kevin" <kkuswa at richmond.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:58 PM
To: "Josh" <jbhdb8 at gmail.com>; "William J Repko" <repkowil at msu.edu>
Cc: <edebate at ndtceda.com>
Subject: [eDebate] 6 v. 8 rounds

I sent a note to Ross about this when edebate was down.

We strongly support 8 rounds because our teams usually are done debating
after prelims. 25% MORE DEBATES OUTWEIGHS just about any other argument
being made from our perspective.

Ross replied right away to me with the response that this is just an
experiment for one year and that Wake believes it is important to have
enough time between out-round debates and not finish the tournament at the
crack of dawn on tuesday.

We LOVE the Wake tournament and are willing to try the experiment (we'd try
just about anything Wake suggests...) but hopefully there will be a
discussion of the merits and das afterward.

I really think they will go back to 8 prelims after this year--even if it
means clearing to octos and requiring a 6-2 with points to clear.

kevin