[eDebate] ceda forum forum

Josh jbhdb8
Wed Oct 22 17:56:23 CDT 2008

Ross et al,

The problem is that the people who want more elims are not the same people
who want more prelims.  As you probably have noticed, some coaches get more
than a little frustrated when tournaments are put together on the basis ONLY
of serving the best and brightest because a great deal of people who debate
never get the benefits of said treatment.

In addition, schools with young debaters who are trying to get them to "bid"
level generally try to get them as many rounds as possible against the GOOD
teams - two less rounds in prelims for a team that likely will not clear is
two less rounds they can debate good teams.

Now, that said, usually I agree with most of your "innovations and
experiments" and like that you are always trying new ways to make the
tournament experience and/or debate experience better.

Josh