[eDebate] ceda forum forum

Brad Hall hallbrad
Wed Oct 22 20:06:50 CDT 2008

Everyone should also keep in mind the humane treatment of the people
running the tournament. For the squads who do actually host
tournaments, they spend even longer at the tournament than
participants do. They arrive much earlier to make sure rooms are
unlocked, cleaned, ballots out, etc and leave much later. Of 6 Dixies
(so far), I only made it to the banquet once and often room cleaning,
updating the scouting and other tasks keep debaters and coaches up
even later. At the very least, we should keep all of this in mind when
trashing rooms, irresponsibly starting debates late and interacting
with those who host tournaments.

Also note that the JV breakout will actually result in more debates
for some younger teams (and with more judges).

Brad Hall