[eDebate] Tournaments - another proposal

Thu Oct 23 16:06:46 CDT 2008

Another proposal: Let's ban politics disads and elections disads from rounds.
That way we can all get some sleep.

I suspect 99% of the staying up until 5:00 a.m. cutting cards has to do with
having to answer back these absurd positions. Let's face it, the topic proper
has been researched out by mid-october. Now all the stress is on elections
disads and answers. Starting November 4th, YOU (a collective You, because I
don't waste time on them) will all have to rush to jam together a new  "lame
duck/legacy" disad. This requires that WE have to stay up until 4:00 cutting
stupid blippy cards to answer back a bunch of other stupid blippy cards. Come
January 19th, YOU will, AGAIN!, have to cut a bunch of new "Obama's first 100
days agenda" disad. To which, WE will have to stay up until 4:00 a.m on
Saturday night/Sunday morning, cutting more stupid answers to stupid "Sheboegon
Daily Herald in '09" cards.  We could all have a much more relaxed time if we
discussed the mertis of the topic rather than having to update the politcs
disads du jour.

Scott