[eDebate] Tournaments - another proposal

Josh jbhdb8
Thu Oct 23 16:13:35 CDT 2008

First of all we ran the Obama 100 days/honeymoon da already at UK (in
response to the plan doesnt pass in the current session).

Second, banning arguments is pretty close to the worst thing we can do as
educators ever.  If you look through the 1000s of posts I have written
about, for instance, the performance arguments - I have never once said ban
any arguments...Its the opposite of what we are about and stand for.

Third, all case and DA construction is equally silly at the impact
level...if you can PROVE its silly you win....we go for impact D and smart
take outs to absurd internal links and impacts all the time.

Fourth, link and internal link work on politics is good....I dont really
want to spend a ton of time explaining why...but yes, a percentage of
coaches hate on politics when politics work is often better and more logical
than affirmative advantage work...what you are really decrying is the
absurdity of the impact environment.

Anyway, thats my take,

Josh