[eDebate] [CEDA-L] Novice at CEDA Nationals 2009

Tue Oct 28 15:08:13 CDT 2008

Well Scott,

If you look at the record,and the follow reports on the issue, Palin's
interpretation of the her constitutional duties for VP were spot on compared to
Joe Biden.

Regarding authority to make changes, why wouldn't it? He is the tournament
director. It is no different than divisions you would choose to offer at your
tournament. Anyway, this can be voted on at a business meeting. So what is the
big deal?

If the goal is to make CEDA Nationals nothing more than a chep knock off of the
NDT, so teams who did not get a second round bid get a chance to feel good,
then I guess you have a point. If however, CEDA nationals should be the
culmination of a year of work for all students and all programs withint he
Organization, then I think we should consider a change. Many programs are
focused on JV and novice debate. The Open only division at CEDA nationals makes
it not worth the effort to spend thousands of dollars to attend. This means that
members of the CEDA community do not particpate in what is supposed to be the
culmination of the year's efforts.

Scott E.