[eDebate] Lane Technical (Chicago, IL) Seeks Assistant Coach

Benoit Barberousse benoit.barberousse
Sun Sep 7 16:50:37 CDT 2008

Lane Technical College Preparatory currently seeking an Assistant
Coach to aid our capture of bids for the Tournament of Champions.  We
are a public school located in the Roscoe Village neighborhood of
Chicago, west of Wrigley Stadium.  We are a member of the Chicago
Urban Debate League and have been competing since 1999.  Our program
has grown from its humble beginnings and, with our capture of National
Urban Debate Leagues Championship and second Chicago City Debate
Championship, now aspire to greater things.

The Assistant Coach will travel to TOC qualifying competitions
beginning with the Mid-America Cup and onward, continued competitions
in the second semester being conditional on first semester performance
(this does cost quite a lot of money for us).  The Assistant Coach
will primarily be expected to provide pre-round strategy, post-round
critique, on-site argument creation, and pre-tournament argument
coaching.  Judging will not be necessary.  Expect to receive $250 per
tournament for the full work before and during tournaments.  The
Assistant Coach must complete a payment form (W-9) for each tournament
in order to be paid.  We prefer applicants with experience debating at
the Tournament of Champions.

If you are interested, please reply with contact information and your
experience as soon as possible.

Benoit Barberousse
http://secretpiano.tumblr.com