[eDebate] GSU Keynote speaker announcement

Jacob.Thompson at unlv.edu Jacob.Thompson
Mon Sep 8 18:13:25 CDT 2008

The Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum at The University of Nevada Las Vegas,
in cooperation with the Georgia State University Debate Team is happy to
announce that at our invitation Bob Young, Ph.D., the chief economist for
the American Farm Bureau will be the keynote speaker at banquet for the
Georgia State University Debate Tournament on Sunday September 21, 2008.

We are very excited to have one of the foremost American experts in
agricultural policy and agricultural economics address our community so
early in the competitive season.  Bob joined the American Farm Bureau in
2003 as their chief economist.  Prior to coming to the Farm Bureau, Bob
was the co-director of the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute
(FARPI) at the University of Missouri from 1991 through 2003.  He also was
an associate professor in Agricultural Economics at the University of
Missouri.  From 1987 through 1991 Bob served as the chief economist for
the US Senate Committee on Agriculture.

Jacob Thompson, Ph.D.
Director, Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum
Assistant Professor In Residence
Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
Department of Communication Studies
University of Nevada, Las Vegas