[eDebate] please help find lost wildcats - 1978-1992

omar guevara oguevara
Tue Sep 9 16:00:56 CDT 2008

Hello -

I am in the process of convincing the foundation office to assist the WSU debate team with a round of fund raising efforts.

However, in order to "get in the queqe" I need to prove the viability of the project by having 100 names of alums.

You'd think this would be easy given we have been debating for 87 years - but after about a month of digging I am frustrated with the rate of progress.  With the exception of those names from the 50s, 60s, and 70s which can discerned with some archival research (i.e. "yearbooks" when they used to be published...), I am having trouble filling in the gaps from basically 1978-1992.

If you have been involved with debate for a "long" time...could you please send me an email with any names you can remember?  Even if it is only a first name, or a last name, or even a nickname...I can take that to the registrar and try to filling the gaps that way...

Honestly, I'd take any leads folks could offer.

The web page is: www.weberdebate.com (just click on the alums tab)

Hopefully there are some folks out there who can help me get across the finish line on this project.

Thank you and happy new debate season to all,

OG

Omar G Guevara II
Director of Forensics
Department of Communication
College of Arts & Humanities
Weber State University
Ogden, Utah

801.626.6220 (Office)
801.668.6910 (Cell)

Oguevara at hotmail.com
Oguevara at weber.edu

PLEASE VISIT: WWW.WEBERDEBATE.COM
See how Windows Mobile brings your life together?at home, work, or on the go.