[eDebate] That Time Again

Sherry Hall shahall
Wed Sep 17 06:39:46 CDT 2008

Hi Everybody--

I just received the first list of schools that have subscribed to the NDT through the AFA website as of September 1st.  If you subscribed by September 1st and do not appear on this list please let me know.  James Pratt included a note that the paypal system on the website is still plagued with errors -- that routinely overcharge and undercharge.  If you notice an error, contact Jim and he will adjust it.

You can avoid the difficulties with the AFA website by paying your dues to me directly. You can pay me in person at Georgia State, Kentucky, and Harvard by check or cash, or you can mail a check to Sherry Hall, 324 Franklin St., Cambridge, MA 02139.  Please make checks payable to "The National Debate Tournament."  The dues are set at $50.00.  I am not equipped to take credit cards, so if you wish to pay by credit card, you must use the AFA site.

The standing rules of the Board of Trustees outlines the following fee schedule for subscribers:
"IV. A. Sources of Income.

Subscription Fees

a. The amount of the subscription fee for the following year is to be established by the Board of Trustees meeting at the National Tournament.

b. Subscription fees are to be paid to the Treasurer, or the AFA Treasurer, no later than November 1.  The Treasurer will periodically publish a list of schools from which subscription fees have been collected.  Receipts for subscription fees are to be issued by the Treasurer or AFA Treasurer.  Any school subscribing between the dates of November 1 and December 15, will be charged double the base subscription fee.  Any school subscribing between the dates of December 15 and January 15, will be charged triple the base subscription fee.

c. Only subscribing schools from a district may take part in the at-large or district qualification processes.  Verification of payment shall be determined and published by the Treasurer.

d. No subscription fees will be accepted after January 15 unless approval is given by the District and National Committees and the Board of Trustees.

e. The Chair will appoint a committee from the Board of Trustees to hear appeals."

List of Current Subscribers:

Boston College

California State University @ Northridge

Concordia College